Artists Statement and Directions


For the final project I’m going to show what it’s like to in a situation you don’t want to be in. I’m basically showing what’s it’s like to have to go through a year of divorcing parents. I want people to be uncomfortable and kind of ask what the heck did I just see. I people to be able to experience and interact with the items like the picture all over the floor and whatnot. Almost every day while I’m doing anything my parents are constantly screaming at each other. I want people to be able to experience that.
I want people to experience that not because it’s something to get me attention or anything like that. I want to show that this is a common thing that happens for better or worse. Even with everything going on, life still goes on, and I don’t need sympathy like thanks but it’s not going to do anything. I want people to know that even if something this crazy is going on it’s okay and to keep moving forward. Life isn’t always pretty, but just be there and live don’t let things keep you down.

Directions:
To set up this project first get a few chairs and put them in a triangle shape one chair further back while the other two are in the front. Second place the blanket on the chair furthest back. Third on the one chair on the left put down a towel or blanket to cover the chair and place the teddy bear sitting kind of slouched over. Fourth on the left chair down a towel or blanket to cover the chair and place the bunny plush sitting up right. Fifth take the picture frames, fans, shells, origami, and other pictures and put them inside the triangle making it look messing and that someone threw it. Finally put a sign up that says “Feel free to pick up anything and look at it, please put it back anywhere in the work, Thank you”.

Comments

Popular Posts