Artists Research3


For this artist I chose Bill Viola, I think his work is very interesting. Viola’s Vitorino, is showing a woman suspended in the air with water pouring all over her. I think this piece is very different because it’s kind of seems like it has some sort of religious meaning, or that the woman has a higher meaning. If its going off the religious thing then it could be like she’s ascending into heaven or becoming an angel. If it doesn’t have any religious meaning, then I guess it could be about how the woman has a higher meaning while she is suspended in the air and it’s a mystery that we don’t know the answer to.
Another work by Bill Viola is Visoes do Tempo, which nine different pictures all lined up, showing different actions happening in each one. I think it’s also interesting how there’s always seems to be two of something in each picture. Then there’s one picture where it has one person and a bunch of other little things on the floor, but they seem to only be interacting with one other object. But the one picture that I really like in this entire work is the one with the door and the table next to it. I don’t know why I like this picture so much, maybe its because of the lighting and how it gives an eerie vibe to it almost like a horror movie, and it kind of makes you wonder what’s behind the door. 
I really like Bill Viola’s Vitorino, because it’s something I haven’t seen much of and I think its very interesting how the woman is suspended. It also kind of made me think of a perfume ad where they do this for women’s perfume so maybe he’s making fun of the whole thing or its something religious or focusing on a bigger picture.

Comments

Popular Posts