Artist Research2



For this artist research I chose Sabrina Ratte, because I saw a preview for the new Netflix show about Sabrina the teenage witch so when I saw the name I wanted to know more.  To be honest I’m glad that I picked her, as soon as I opened her website it was full of beautiful works. I really love each one of her works and to be honest its hard to pick a favorite. Each one of her works has so much depth and dimension to it that it almost looks like a painting for some while others feel like photographs and real places you can go to. I think her works have an amazing composition to them and just the way each one is completely different but still so beautiful.
            I think if I had to pick a favorite I really like Sabrina Ratte’s, Alpenglow, I really like this one because even without reading the description you can create your own world inside of this art. I also really like this one because of the colors its kind of reminds me of the northern lights, and that’s something very important to me. Since this colors and composition remind me so much of the northern lights it almost seems like a picture and that this is a real place you can visit. It also seems to have a water like quality to it that you if you’re surfing early in the morning you’d catch that same light in the waves creating this call feeling. I really like this piece because of the calm feeling it gives me and how it seems to take on multiple versions of itself like it could be a wave in the ocean catching the light or the northern lights.


Artist Interview: https://vimeo.com/241609939


Comments

Popular Posts