Project 1 Proposal




For this first project I am going to use some of my dive videos, and project the videos onto different sizes of plastic containers. I am hoping to show the juxtaposition of the beauty of the underwater, and the creatures that live there, to the plastics that we are finding more and more in our oceans. I want to bring more awareness to this issue because being from Florida, and eating fish, seeing how many plastics fish are being found inside of fish. Even now with the red tide the marine life are dying because of the big sugar companies dumping their wastes into the water. I want to bring attention to this issue because it is not going away it will continue unless we are willing to do something to prevent this in the long run.
            For my material I will be using plastic containers, like plastic boxes, soda bottles, single use plastics, wrapping plastics, and tarps to project the video on. I will also need a projector to be able to project the videos. My timeline is going to be somewhere between 30 seconds, to a minute. I want to bring attention to how bad the oceans are getting when were using these single use plastics, and Styrofoam. These are things we only use once, and never think about what happens to it when we throw these things out. I have always been passionate about the ocean and the creates that live in it, so if I’m able to change even one persons mind about the ocean and the way their using plastics then I would be really happy knowing something got through to them, and now they have something they want to protect in the long run.

Timeline
(9/10) all materials collected
(9/10) all video collected
(9/14) final edit of video completed
(9/14-9/20)  final adjustments and final projection
(9/21) project due

Comments

Popular Posts