Laptop as a Studio Article


In this reading about how the studio before was always a place in which you needed a grant to be able to do your art, now you’re able to with just your laptop. I’ve taken a few art history classes, and it’s kind of just came to me how it was mostly you had to be a male working in a studio to be considered an artist. I think its interesting how they talked about how the laptop changed how people were able to become artists. Like on YouTube, people just must be in front of the camera or web camera to be in their own studio. I really liked the way they said that YouTubers were in their own studio no matter where they are because they are entertaining many people from wherever they are.

  I really like that this article talked about the people who are on YouTube and how it doesn’t matter where you are. You can be a creator no matter what you do or how you do it, and I really like this notion because personally I think anyone can be an artist and can do what they want.  They also went to talk about how photo manipulation could extend from many different places and how it goes over many areas. I still liked how they talked about how to studio was able to go with you and you as an artist could interact with people freely. I think that the concept of the studio being the laptop is something that anyone can access now and anyone can be an artist in their own right. 

Comments

Popular Posts