Artists Research 1

“Guernica”, by Pablo Picasso, because just like in “Guernica”, it shows how chaotic, and gruesome war is. War affects the innocent people who are trying to escape but often get caught up and hurt. As soon as I read about the tar in Vostell’s art, it reminded me of what I learned about “Guernica” in modern art about how the animals, and people in “Guernica” all kind of merged and showed how terrifying the bombings were. It was also powerful about how Vostell’s showed just hair, shoes, and bones because it shows exactly how the tank, the USA meteorological chart, the lesbian lovers, and even the viewer are in some way responsible to what has happened in the tar.

I feel as if I talked about why I liked this picture (above) a lot. But I really do like it for how it makes everything very real even if we don't want it to be real. I also liked it because it reminded me of "Guernica", and how they both showed the impacts of war. 

Artist Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Z9f3ZkvtU






Media Art Net. “Media Art Net | Vostell, Wolf: Grasshoppers.” Medien Kunst Netz, Media Art Net, 9 Sept. 2018, www.medienkunstnetz.de/works/heuschrecken/images/1/.

Comments

Popular Posts